Hockey starts at 8.00pm on our club night.
What do I need?
A unicycle – 20″ or 24″ are the most popular sizes, plastic pedals and non-marking tyre are preferred.
A hockey stick – we use the same sticks as used in roller-hockey and ice-hockey (not the goalie sticks though), these are available from the club if you do not have your own.
- The bottom of the stick must not be lifted above hip height.
- One hand must always be placed at the top end of the stick.
- The stick must not be released or thrown intentionally.
- There are 5 players per team. There are no specific rules relating to goalkeepers i.e. the goalie is treated the same as any other player.
- The ball can only be played when a player is riding the unicycle i.e. feet not touching the ground.
- Putting your stick under or through someone else’s wheel is a foul.
- A goal can only be scored from within your opponents half.
- You can play the ball with your hand, but you cannot score a goal with your hand.
- Each half starts with the referee throwing the ball onto the centre spot between one player of each team.
- After a goal is scored, the non-scoring team restarts by playing the ball over the half-way line.